Restricted Research Committee Review of Award List
08/01/2018 09:00 AM-04:00 PM
Where: Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, 1200 E. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX - Board Room
1. Call to Order and Welcome
2. Review of the Standards and Accounting Methods (SAMs)
3. Consideration of Restricted Research Awards greater than or equal to $250,000
- All restricted research awards are listed on the restricted research award list (Transparency List), which contains award information and may be filtered by award amount. It is posted at http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/RestrictedResearchExpenditures.
5. Consideration of Restricted Research Awards less than $250,000
This meeting will be web-cast through the Coordinating Board’s website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us.
Texas Penal Code Section 46.035(c) states: "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter." Thus, no person can carry a handgun and enter the room or rooms where a meeting of the THECB is held if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code.
Please Note that this governmental meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing THECB, an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code and THECB is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. In addition, please note that the written communication required by Texas Penal Code Sections 30.06 and 30.07, prohibiting both concealed and open carry of handguns by Government Code Chapter 411 licensees, will be posted at the entrances to this governmental meeting.