SFAP Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to common questions including trending topics.
1. When does the new State Priority Deadline go into effect?
Beginning with the 2019-20 academic year and all years thereafter, all General Academic Teaching Institutions (GATIs) in Texas must publicize and use January 15 as the state priority deadline. All other public and private/independent institutions are encouraged to use this deadline. Institutions have the flexibility to define what it means to meet the state priority deadline. Institutions are encouraged to adopt a policy and procedure to ensure students are awarded consistently for this program.
NOTE: The 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) will use January 15, 2019 as the state priority deadline date.
2. When will the award history tool be available through CBPass?
The award history tool is currently available through the CBPass portal; however, it only provides data collected through the end of FY 2017 (2016-17). Due to the elimination of the end-of-year (EOY) reporting process and the implementation of the three-cycle Financial Aid Database (FAD) reports, the award history tool must be reprogrammed to re-direct the data source from the EOY to the FAD.
Until programming modifications are complete, institutions can verify any awards paid during FY 2018 (2017-18) using the institution’s student records. If a student transferred, the current institution should contact the prior institution(s) to confirm any prior awards disbursed during FY 2018. An announcement will be sent once the tool has updated student information.
3. What are the deadline dates for the upcoming 2018-19 FADs for each reporting cycle?
The following dates have been approved by Coordinating Board staff in collaboration with the Financial Aid Advisory Committee's Data Collection Sub-Committee:
Reporting Cycle One
- First day to submit - February 11, 2019
- Deadline to validate student data - April 15, 2019
Reporting Cycle Two
- First day to submit - June 10, 2019
- Deadline to reconcile state program totals and validate student data - August 19, 2019
Reporting Cycle Three
- First day to submit - September 30, 2019
- Deadline to reconcile state program totals and certify student data - December 16, 2019