Dual Credit Education in Texas
The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board has partnered with the RAND Corporation and American Institutes for Research (AIR) to conduct a two phase study on dual credit education in Texas. RAND completed Phase I in May, 2017, and AIR began Phase II in August, 2017. A final report, tentatively scheduled for release in December 2018, will disseminate findings from the study as a whole. The goal of this research is to establish baseline information on dual credit education in the state and develop targeted guidance on how to reform dual credit policies and practices in Texas.
- August, 2017: Interim Report: Dual Credit Education in Texas
- July 26, 2018: AIR presentation to Board
- July 26, 2018: Draft Final Report Released for Public Comment
- July 26 - August 31, 2018: Public Comment Period
- August 3, 2018: AIR / THECB Webinar Video / AIR’s summary of stakeholder questions and answers
- September 28, 2018: AIR / THECB Webinar - This webinar will share feedback on Phase II and will engage attendees in a discussion about policy recommendations stemming from Phase II
- October 25, 2018: AIR presents final draft report to THECB
- December, 2018, 2018: AIR releases final report
If you have questions about the study, please send them to Dr. Trey Miller, Principal Researcher at AIR, at email@example.com.