Minority Health Research and Education Grant Program (MHGP) Academic-Clinical Partnerships
08/15/2019 10:00 AM-01:30 PM
Where: Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, 1200 E. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX - Tejas Room
- Welcome and introductions
- Presentations of MHGP project outcomes and sustainability
- Texas Woman’s University, Multi-disciplinary Collaboration in Underserved Clinical Sites for the Enhancement and Promotion of Quality Healthcare in Physical Therapy
- The University of Texas at El Paso, New PLACES (Placement in Academic Clinical Education Sites) and New FACES (Faculty Acculturation to Clinical Education and Scholarship): Expanding Social Work and Interprofessional Education on the US-Mexico Border
- The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Developing Interprofessional Clinical Education Partnerships in Medically Underserved Areas of Texas
- University of North Texas, Cultural and Linguistic Awareness Support Services in Counseling
Texas Penal Code Section 46.035(c) states: "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter." Thus, no person can carry a handgun and enter the room or rooms where a meeting of the THECB is held if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code.
Please Note that this governmental meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing THECB, an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code and THECB is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. In addition, please note that the written communication required by Texas Penal Code Sections 30.06 and 30.07, prohibiting both concealed and open carry of handguns by Government Code Chapter 411 licensees, will be posted at the entrances to this governmental meeting.