Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education
The Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act of 2006 was signed into law on August 12, 2006. The new Act will provide an increased focus on the academic achievement of career and technical education students, strengthen the connections between secondary and postsecondary education, and improve state and local accountability. This page provides current information on the Department's efforts to implement the new Act. General provisions for this Act can be found by clicking the Laws and Guidance link.
Uniform Administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit requirements for Federal Awards.
Request for Applications (RFA)
Perkins Grants provide federal funding to support and improve workforce education. Basic grants are awarded to eligible community and state technical colleges. There are also funds available to support statewide efforts through Leadership grants.
- Leadership Request for Applications 2019-2020
- Basic Request for Applications 2018-2019
- Leadership Request for Applications 2018-2019
- Basic Request for Applications 2017-2018
- Leadership Request for Applications 2017-2018
Current Leadership Projects
- A list of current 2018-2019 Leadership Projects can be found here Perkins-Funded Leadership Projects for 2018-2019.
- A list of 2017-2018 Leadership Projects can be found here Perkins-Funded Leadership Projects for 2017-2018.
Web Tools and Data Resources
- Inventory Disposition Request for the Carl D. Perkins Grant
- Perkins Data Resources
- Perkins Grants Web Applications
- Perkins Indirect Cost Estimator
Inquiries should be directed to Mindy.Nobles@thecb.state.tx.us.