Kinesiology Field of Study Advisory Committee
08/17/2018 10:00 AM-04:00 PM
Where: Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, 1200 E. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX - Board Room
1. Welcome and call to order – Dr. Randy Bonnette and Ms. Carolyn Mauck
2. Consideration of Summary Notes from the February 1 and February 2, 2018 meetings – Dr. Bonnette and Ms. Mauck
3. Consideration of establishing subcommittees for tracks within the Field of Study – Dr. Bonnette and Ms. Mauck
4. Election of co-chairs to subcommittees – Dr. Bonnette and Ms. Mauck
5. Discussion of proposed Academic Course Guide Manual course in Functional Kinesiology – Dr. Bonnette and Ms. Mauck
6. Discussion of public comments on the proposed Kinesiology Field of Study – Dr. Bonnette and Ms. Mauck
7. Discussion of recommendations to the upcoming Kinesiology Learning Objectives Committee – Dr. Bonnette and Ms. Mauck
8. Discussion of future meeting dates and topics – Dr. Bonnette and Ms. Mauck
Texas Penal Code Section 46.035(c) states: "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter." Thus, no person can carry a handgun and enter the room or rooms where a meeting of the THECB is held if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code.
Please Note that this governmental meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing THECB, an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code and THECB is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. In addition, please note that the written communication required by Texas Penal Code Sections 30.06 and 30.07, prohibiting both concealed and open carry of handguns by Government Code Chapter 411 licensees, will be posted at the entrances to this governmental meeting.