Online Training for All Regents and Trustees
During the member's first year of service as a member of a governing board, each governing board member who holds either an elective or appointive position must attend a training program that is focused on the official role and duties of the members of governing boards and that provides training in the areas of budgeting, policy development, and governance.
***This online training is being offered in compliance with Texas Education Code, Section 61.084 (g).***
Instructions for Completing the Registration and Training Process for Regent/Trustee Online Training
1. Click on the appropriate registration link COMMUNITY COLLEGE or UNIVERSITY.
2. Complete the electronic registration form and submit payment (credit card or electronic check only).
3. View the training videos COMMUNITY COLLEGE or UNIVERSITY.
[Note: These videos are updated annually]
4. Click on the appropriate link to take the assessment COMMUNITY COLLEGE or UNIVERSITY.
5. Upon completion of the assessment, send a notification email to Mary Mitchell at GBOnlineTraining@thecb.state.tx.us. A certificate will be issued upon successful completion. Please note – the certificate of completion will not be sent until payment has been received.