Position: Program Director, Planning (One Year Limited Term)
Job Number: 14-008
Number of Vacancies: 1
Division: Planning and Accountability
Open Date: 01/31/2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Hiring Salary Range: $4,536 - $5,000/ Monthly
Application Process: Complete a State of Texas Job application and document how you meet the minimum required education and experience; be detailed in explaining your experience that relates to the duties and responsibilities listed. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of a completed application. A copy of your official college transcripts is required if the position requires education beyond high school. Incomplete applications will not be accepted for consideration.
Submit Applications and Transcripts to: Human Resources, 1200 E. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX 78752 or fax to (512) 427-6510 or email to email@example.com.
Position is for a one year period minimum, and will continue contingent upon additional contractual funding.
Performs technical and analytical policy research work for higher education under the supervision of the Director of EDC. Work involves providing professional expertise, technical assistance, and support for UT System related activities including research, data collection and analysis, and special projects. Work is performed under minimal supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. This position reports to the Assistant Director of the Educational Data Center. Successful candidate will be required to work from the Coordinating Board location (1200 East Anderson Ln, Austin Texas) 3 days per week and the UT System location (700 Colorado Street, Austin Texas) 2 days a week.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· Analyzes data for better understanding of higher education using SAS software.
· Works with ISS technical staff to develop a methodology for seamless transfer of UT System institutional data to the UT System offices in a FERPA compliant manner.
· Performs technical and analytical tasks with particular emphasis on the interpretation, aggregation and evaluation of a variety of statistical and qualitative data related to higher education linkages.
· Interprets data and information received and provides cogent explanation to constituencies.
· Writes programs for data analysis and compiles data for review.
· Utilizes server and PC based software to access data for analysis.
· Communicates research findings to constituents through written reports.
· Assists in preparing policy briefs related to activities and initiatives.
· Analyzes data and information related to high school student participation in college-level courses and college student participation in developmental education courses.
· Prepares technical and policy reports.
· Communicates clearly and effectively in a variety of forms with a variety of audiences.
· Assists Director with special projects including preparation of the regional plan for higher education.
· Verifies data, computations and proofreads draft reports and documents.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Education and experience:
· Graduation with a master’s degree or above in educational administration or related field from an accredited college or university.
· Minimum of four years of work experience compiling, analyzing and interpreting statistical data and four years administrative experience in secondary and/or postsecondary education.
· Proficient in utilizing a personal computer and SAS statistical software.
· Position is for a one year period minimum, and will continue contingent upon additional contractual funding.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Knowledge of the reporting system and the different uses of data.
· Knowledge of state-level higher education reporting systems.
· Knowledge of statistical programming techniques.
· Knowledge of statistical methods and SAS.
· Skills with use of statistical software, word processing, and spreadsheets using a PC.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a variety of forms.
· Ability to lead projects to completion with minimum supervision.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with other employees and the public.
Job offer and continuation of employment with THECB may be contingent upon
If applicable, compliance with the Selective Service Law for males ages 18-25. Please be advised that under Texas law, names and other information concerning applicants or nominees may be subject to disclosure upon request.
Physical Requirements and/or Working Conditions
Work is performed in a standard office environment and requires
Regular and punctual attendance;
The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board is a Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, age or disability in employment or the provision of services. An individual with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation shall not be denied the opportunity due to the disability. The applicant should contact Human Resources if reasonable accommodation is required during the application process at (512) 427-6190. For vocal and/or hearing assistance call 7-1-1, (512) 427-6190.