Position: Program Technician VI
Job Number: 14-007
Number of Vacancies: 1
Division: Business and Support Services
Open Date: 01/27/2014
Closing Date: 02/10/2014 at 5:00 p.m.
Hiring Salary Range: $2,795 - $3,542.50/ Monthly
Application Process: Complete a State of Texas Job application and document how you meet the minimum required education and experience; be detailed in explaining your experience that relates to the duties and responsibilities listed. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of a completed application. A copy of your official college transcripts is required if the position requires education beyond high school. Incomplete applications will not be accepted for consideration.
Submit Applications and Transcripts to: Human Resources, 1200 E. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX 78752 or fax to (512) 427-6510 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Performs general support to the Loan Repayment Programs work group. Work involves reviewing loan repayment program applications and disseminating program information to applicants, educational institutions, and the general public. Works under general supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. This position reports to the Director of Loan Repayment Programs.
General Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintains a solid working knowledge of loan repayment programs and applies state and federal laws and regulations.
· Processes loan repayment program applications.
· Updates various databases, spreadsheets, and records in support of the loan repayment programs.
· Responds to telephone and written inquiries regarding loan repayment program requirements and applications.
· Contacts lending institutions, institutions of higher education, applicants, recipients, employers, and related entities to obtain and/or verify information relevant to the loan repayment program application process.
· Maintains a variety of records and reports to reconcile with the records of the agency’s business office and other entities.
· Compiles data and prepares reports utilizing various software.
· Represents the agency in meetings and training sessions in the absence of supervisor and/or as needed.
· Completes special assignments and projects related to student loan repayment programs and outreach initiatives.
· Communicates with public and other staff members in a professional, pleasant, and efficient manner.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
· Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent.
· Four years of office experience that required frequent public contact, decision-making, attention to detail, critical thinking skills, and proficiency with software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
· One semester (15 semester credit hours) of college education may be substituted for six months of work experience with a maximum substitution of two years.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Skills in communicating both written and verbally.
· Ability to review and process a large volume of information, verifying accuracy of information presented.
· Ability to analyze, interpret, and apply federal and state laws and regulations to varying situations.
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail.
· Ability to collect, organize, and interpret data.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited senior college or university.
· Knowledge of loan forgiveness, loan repayment programs, and student loans.
Job offer and continuation of employment with THECB may be contingent upon
If applicable, compliance with the Selective Service Law for males ages 18-25. Please be advised that under Texas law, names and other information concerning applicants or nominees may be subject to disclosure upon request.
Physical Requirements and/or Working Conditions
Work is performed in a standard office environment and requires
Regular and punctual attendance;
The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board is a Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, age or disability in employment or the provision of services. An individual with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation shall not be denied the opportunity due to the disability. The applicant should contact Human Resources if reasonable accommodation is required during the application process at (512) 427-6190. For vocal and/or hearing assistance call 7-1-1, (512) 427-6190.