Position: Program Director
Job Number: 14-030
Number of Vacancies: 1
Division: Planning and Accountability
Open Date: 08/05/2014
Closing Date: 09/05/2014 at 5:00 p.m.
Hiring Salary Range: $4536 - $5380
Application Process: Complete a State of Texas Job application and document how you meet the minimum required education and experience; be detailed in explaining your experience that relates to the duties and responsibilities listed. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of a completed application. A copy of your official college transcripts is required if the position requires education beyond high school. Incomplete applications will not be accepted for consideration.
Submit Applications and Transcripts to: Human Resources, 1200 E. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX 78752 or fax to (512) 427-6510 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Performs complex research, evaluation and analysis work. Work involves analysis, research, evaluation, and reporting, with emphasis on informing higher education policies and practices. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. This position reports to the Director, Research and Evaluation.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· Designs studies, analyzes data, and reports on complex policy issues in higher education including high school through college transitions and pathways.
· Performs specialized and complex technical and analytical tasks with particular emphasis on the interpretation, aggregation, evaluation, and reporting of a variety of statistical and qualitative data.
· Handles and adheres to the systematic organization of research materials and analysis results.
· Ensures and verifies the accuracy of data, computations, and text; proofreads drafts, reports and other documents.
· Initiates and reviews correspondence pertaining to technical research problems and assists with recommendations and problem resolution.
· Communicates clearly and effectively in a variety of forms (e.g., written and tabular reports, informal and formal presentations, publications) with a variety of internal and external audiences.
· Establishes and maintains effective work relationships both internally and externally to the Coordinating Board regarding collection and use of the Pathways data among Pathways partners and use of other agency data.
· Takes initiative on projects and completes them successfully without close supervision.
· Responds to Legislative requests and analyzes legislation in coordination with internal agency management and staff.
· Attends training and/or uses online training facilities to acquire additional knowledge and skills.
· Performs related work as assigned.
Required Minimum Education and experience:
· Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university.
· Minimum of four years experience in research, evaluation, or analytical work. Must include two years of experience using analytical software such as SAS, SPSS, STATA or Tableau.
· Master’s degree may substitute for one year of the required experience in research, evaluation, or analytical work.
· Doctorate may substitute for two years of the required experience in research, evaluation, or analytical work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of research methods, principles, and philosophies.
· Knowledge of statistical concepts and methods and their application to research analysis.
· Knowledge of standard and appropriate research sources and texts.
· Knowledge of measurement, testing and evaluation procedures.
· Ability to plan, organize and conduct research projects.
· Ability to interpret statistical data, charts, and tables.
· Ability to develop and analyze measuring instruments with respect to reliability, relevance, and validity.
· Ability to formulate research hypotheses and structure research designs to account for variables.
· Ability to write and prepare concise reports.
· Ability to train others.
· Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral forms with a variety of internal and external audiences.
· Knowledge and experience with state and national policy issues in higher education.
· Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with major coursework in education, statistical analysis, research and design methods, psychometrics, business or public administration, psychology, sociology, economics, or computer science.
· Experience and proficiency with SAS programming and analysis with large-scale K-12 or higher education databases.
· Experience and proficiency with SQL or other object-oriented programming and analysis with education databases.
Job offer and continuation of employment with THECB may be contingent upon
If applicable, compliance with the Selective Service Law for males ages 18-25. Please be advised that under Texas law, names and other information concerning applicants or nominees may be subject to disclosure upon request.
Physical Requirements and/or Working Conditions
Work is performed in a standard office environment and requires
The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board is a Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, age or disability in employment or the provision of services. An individual with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation shall not be denied the opportunity due to the disability. The applicant should contact Human Resources if reasonable accommodation is required during the application process at (512) 427-6190. For vocal and/or hearing assistance call 7-1-1, (512) 427-6190.