Position: Project Management ISS Division Resource Lead (PMO)
Job Number: 14-028
Number of Vacancies: 1
Division: Information Solutions and Services
Open Date: 07/30/2014
Closing Date: 08/13/2014 at 5:00 p.m.
Hiring Salary Range: $5141 - $6400 / mo
Application Process: Complete a State of Texas Job application and document how you meet the minimum required education and experience; be detailed in explaining your experience that relates to the duties and responsibilities listed. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of a completed application. A copy of your official college transcripts is required if the position requires education beyond high school. Incomplete applications will not be accepted for consideration.
Submit Applications and Transcripts to: Human Resources, 1200 E. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX 78752 or fax to (512) 427-6510 or email to email@example.com.
Performs highly complex (senior-level) project and resource management work and is responsible for the oversight of the ISS Division resources. Work involves leading the planning and coordination of IT-related projects, on an agency-wide basis. This includes resolving issues by identifying appropriate parties and facilitating resolutions ensuring that all projects are properly resourced, that project timelines are being met, and that project management processes and best practices are adhered to. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. The Project Management ISS Division Resource Lead plans and monitors the allocation and utilization of ISS project resources. This position reports to the Director of Application Development & Support (ADS).
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· Serves as the ISS Division Resource Lead planning and monitoring the allocation and utilization of ISS project resources from all ISS sections using accepted project management methodologies.
· Develops and recommends policies, procedures, and templates that support the IT project management methodology and ensures adherence.
· Updates tools, processes, and best practices in project management disciplines.
· Leads the organizational implementation and institutionalization of the full use of these tools including a disciplined, methodology based approach to project and project portfolio management.
· Serves as Project Manager on assigned projects.
· Maintains the agency Project Portfolio Management tool suite (Innotas) and ensures all assigned project resources are tracked from a scheduling and utilization viewpoint.
· Provides status reporting on all projects and other ISS performance measures to the Director, ADS, senior management and the IT Steering Committee.
· Works closely with other project managers and team members to ensure a cohesive, comprehensive and complete project management structure within ISS for all projects.
· Ensures all approved projects adhere to a comprehensive implementation plan that addresses time frames, resources, change management, risk management, monitor budgets and QA for other Project Managers.
· Ensures that project issues are adequately documented and resolved. Communicates major issues to management.
· Escalates team performance issues to the Director of Application Development and Support. Documents performance issues and recommends corrective actions.
· Assists Director of Application Development and Support in identifying ADS resource training and technology education needs.
· Keep Assistant Commissioner, ISS through Director of ADS appraised of resource allocation or utilization issues requiring executive or IT Steering Committee action.
· Provides system analysis and programming advice in an applications development and/or database environment.
· Participates in analysis of system requirements to develop program specifications for computer applications.
· Provides guidance in troubleshooting and solving problems relating to computer systems or programs.
· Documents the methods and procedures used in program development. Analyzes and tests new or existing procedures, information systems, or utility programs for efficiency and effectiveness.
· Assists with disaster recovery responsibilities and procedures.
· Coordinates, plans, and schedules the installation or training for new or revised systems and defines business process requirements.
· Participates in the design, modification, and implementation of new or revised systems and defines business or improve work flow.
· Determines operational, technical, and support requirements for the location, installation, operation, and maintenance of data processing, data communications, and computer information systems.
· May need to work beyond regular hours to remedy issues and meet deadlines.
· Prepares and maintains necessary documentation.
· Maintains a high level of professionalism and customer satisfaction.
· Performs related duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Education and experience:
· Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in computer science, computer information systems, management information systems, or a related field.
· Minimum of five years of experience in project management, systems analysis and design work is required.
· PMI Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP).
· Experience may substitute for up to two years of education on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of PMBOK project management theories and practices applicable to mid- to large-sized scope projects; of systems and procedures used to evaluate a third-party vendor’s performance; and of local, state, and federal laws and regulations relevant to the administration of the project undertaken.
· Knowledge of the limitation and capabilities of computer systems.
· Knowledge of the techniques used in the design of non-automated systems.
· Knowledge of information technology equipment.
· Knowledge of applicable programming languages.
· Knowledge of computer hardware and software; computer operation systems; and writing program code, and automated mapping.
· Skills in communicating both in writing and verbally.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
· Ability to analyze complex information and develop plans to address identified issues.
· Ability to demonstrate negotiation and facilitation skills.
· Ability to plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of others.
· Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of forms.
· Ability to deal with individuals at all levels of the agency with a range of moods, behaviors, and personalities in a tactful, congenial manner so as to maintain a professional and effective working / workplace relationship.
· Ability to arrive at work on time and remain on the job on a consistent and regular basis.
· Experience with agile software development methodologies.
Physical Requirements and/or Working Conditions:
Work is performed in a standard office environment and requires:
· Regular, reliable, and punctual attendance at work;
· Frequent use of personal computer, copiers, printers and telephones;
· Frequent sitting;
· Frequently works under deadlines, as a team member, and in direct contact with others
Job offer and continuation of employment with THECB may be contingent upon
If applicable, compliance with the Selective Service Law for males ages 18-25. Please be advised that under Texas law, names and other information concerning applicants or nominees may be subject to disclosure upon request.
Physical Requirements and/or Working Conditions
Work is performed in a standard office environment and requires
The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board is a Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, age or disability in employment or the provision of services. An individual with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation shall not be denied the opportunity due to the disability. The applicant should contact Human Resources if reasonable accommodation is required during the application process at (512) 427-6190. For vocal and/or hearing assistance call 7-1-1, (512) 427-6190.