Position: Purchaser V-VI
Job Number: 14-025
Number of Vacancies: 1
Division: Financial Services
Open Date: 08/07/2014
Closing Date: 09/02/2014 at 5:00 p.m.
Hiring Salary Range: $3776 - $5600 / month
Application Process: Complete a State of Texas Job application and document how you meet the minimum required education and experience; be detailed in explaining your experience that relates to the duties and responsibilities listed. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of a completed application. A copy of your official college transcripts is required if the position requires education beyond high school. Incomplete applications will not be accepted for consideration.
Submit Applications and Transcripts to: Human Resources, 1200 E. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX 78752 or fax to (512) 427-6510 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position will be filled at either a Purchaser V or VI level. Dependent on the level this position is filled at, the incumbent will, perform advanced (senior-level) to highly advanced (senior-level) purchasing and procurement work. Work involves planning, preparing, and coordinating bid specifications; preparing procurement documents; and maintaining records of items purchased, received and issued. Work involves the development and evaluation of a broad range of contractual documentation and solicitations. Works with Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) reports and processes. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Reports to the Interim Senior Director of Financial Services.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assists executive management with procurement of goods and services for the agency.
· Requisitions and orders merchandise, supplies, and equipment according to policies, state laws and regulations.
· Prepares, reviews, and tracks purchase orders.
· Reviews and prepares specifications for commodities, simple services, equipment; prepares bid invitations; and creates bidder’s lists.
· Prepares and reviews bids and orders to verify accuracy, specifications, and compliance with policies and procedures.
· Provides guidance to executive management and senior-level staff in the execution of RFPs (Request for Proposal) and RFQs (Request for Quotation).
· Negotiates contracts and recommends contract awards.
· Assist vendors in the HUB certification process.
· Assures HUB participation in the procurement process when possible, and reviews contractor and purchase orders for HUB compliance, including assurance that subcontracting requirements are met for pre and post awards.
· Prepares and submits various internal and external reports.
· Prepares monthly reconciliation of the division’s payment and travel payment cards.
· Coordinates and recommends improvements, adaptations, or revisions in accounting and payment systems and procedures.
· Works independently with limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
· Trains personnel in new procedures or methods.
· Performs related work as assigned.
Required Minimum Education and experience:
· Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent.
· Purchaser V: minimum 5 years progressive experience in a purchasing position.
· Purchaser VI: minimum 6 years progressive experience in a purchasing position.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in business, accounting, finance or economics may substitute for up to two (2) years of required experience.
Registrations, Licensure Requirements or Certifications
· Purchaser V - Certified Texas Purchasing Manager-CTPM Certification must be acquired within 12 months.
· Purchaser VI – Certified Texas Purchasing Manager-CTPM Certification required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of purchasing and procurement methods and procedures.
· Knowledge of state procurement principles and practices.
· Skills in problem solving.
· Skills in operating a personal computer and applicable software.
· Ability to prepare, maintain and reconcile accurate accounting records.
· Ability to plan procedures and prioritize work.
· Ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
· State of Texas purchasing experience.
· Certified Texas Contract Manager.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
Job offer and continuation of employment with THECB may be contingent upon
If applicable, compliance with the Selective Service Law for males ages 18-25. Please be advised that under Texas law, names and other information concerning applicants or nominees may be subject to disclosure upon request.
Physical Requirements and/or Working Conditions
Work is performed in a standard office environment and requires
The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board is a Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, age or disability in employment or the provision of services. An individual with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation shall not be denied the opportunity due to the disability. The applicant should contact Human Resources if reasonable accommodation is required during the application process at (512) 427-6190. For vocal and/or hearing assistance call 7-1-1, (512) 427-6190.