Position: Systems Analyst IV
Job Number: 14011
Number of Vacancies: 1
Division: Information Solutions and Services
Open Date: 04/10/2014
Closing Date: 05/23/2014 at 5:00 p.m.
Hiring Salary Range: $4,500 - $5,200 / monthly
Application Process: Complete a State of Texas Job application and document how you meet the minimum required education and experience; be detailed in explaining your experience that relates to the duties and responsibilities listed. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of a completed application. A copy of your official college transcripts is required if the position requires education beyond high school. Incomplete applications will not be accepted for consideration.
Submit Applications and Transcripts to: Human Resources, 1200 E. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX 78752 or fax to (512) 427-6510 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Performs advanced (senior-level) systems analysis work in support of the statewide Student Loan system and related interfaces. Work involves development and support of system administrative tools and procedures, including analyzing, proposing, and implementing solutions to technical and procedural issues related to the Student Loan system. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. This position reports to the Director of Applications Development.
General Duties and Responsibilities
· Recommends process improvement for code release analysis and installation.
· Maintains and develops utilitarian scripts to backup and restore data and environments.
· Proactively seeks out and develops tools to streamline monitoring and failure prevention.
· Supports subject matter experts with system analysis and research activities in both a web and mainframe environment.
· May develop new programs, interfaces and scripts to support application enhancement.
· Researches, analyzes and recommends productivity improvement tools for configuration management and tracking.
· Works outside of regular hours as needed including on-call responsibilities from 7:00 pm to 7:00 am Monday through Friday.
· Works with centralized computer operators to diagnose and correct nighttime batch related failures.
· Communicates with Student Loan System vendor to expeditiously provide diagnostic and test data in order to correct system errors.
· Coordinates root cause analysis and problem solving activities as needed.
· Documents procedures and trains others in their use.
· Performs related work as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
· Sixty semester hours from an accredited college or university with successful completion of computer science related course work.
· Five years of full-time work experience in advanced system analysis, design, and development.
· Each additional year of education (30 semester hours) may substitute for up to two years of relevant full-time work experience on a year for year basis.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of computer applications and support on UNIX and Windows platforms including Unix/AIX system administration, CICS, sfsadmin, smitty and Kornshell scripting.
· Ability to conceptualize and apply logical reasoning.
· Ability to learn and apply techniques of systems analysis, design, and programming.
· Ability to perform detail work accurately.
· Skills in analytical thinking and problem-solving.
· Skills in communicating both orally and written.
· Ability to effectively communicate to a wide range of individuals.
· Knowledgeable of customer service deliverables
· Ability to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability toward changes in assignments.
· Ability to attend work regularly and reliably.
· Ability to meet periodic milestones and final deadlines.
· Ability to adhere to the organization’s internal management policies and procedures.
· Experience with computer applications and support on UNIX and Windows platforms including Unix/AIX system administration, CICS, sfsadmin, smitty and Kornshell scripting.
· Experience with COBOL, IBM compile, sort, and other utilities.
· Experience with Microsoft SQL.
· Experience with Classic VB, Visual Studio .NET.
Job offer and continuation of employment with THECB may be contingent upon
If applicable, compliance with the Selective Service Law for males ages 18-25. Please be advised that under Texas law, names and other information concerning applicants or nominees may be subject to disclosure upon request.
Physical Requirements and/or Working Conditions
Work is performed in a standard office environment and requires
Regular and punctual attendance;
The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board is a Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, age or disability in employment or the provision of services. An individual with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation shall not be denied the opportunity due to the disability. The applicant should contact Human Resources if reasonable accommodation is required during the application process at (512) 427-6190. For vocal and/or hearing assistance call 7-1-1, (512) 427-6190.